Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nickelodeon 90’s Redux: TeenNick Goes Old-School


It’s FINALLY happened guys! For years I have seen forums and comment sections full of complaints (i.e. “90’s TV was SO good. What’s wrong with children’s TV today?!”). For years I have seen nostalgic YouTube mashups of old favorites. For years I have wondered “Wow, do these twentysomethings have a bad case of nostalgia, or were their childhood shows really THAT good?” Confession: If you couldn’t already tell I am definitely one of those twentysomethings. Well you guys…it’s time to dry those tears and let go of that anger (yes Generation Y I am talking to you). Whether it’s due to quality, demand, or both Nick has FINALLY heard the outcry and is taking action!

According to a report issued by EW earlier today- starting this fall, each night from 12AM-2AM TeenNick will air a 2 hour block of 90’s TV.  And what, might you ask, will this block of TV be called?? Well TeenNick has already come up with a creative answer for that- “The 90’s Are All That.”

As of right now TeenNick plans on airing the following shows: Rugrats, Kenan & Kel, Pete & Pete, The Amanda Show, All That, and Clarissa Explains it All.  Yes, yes, I know.  I only named 6 shows. Yes, I realize there are MANY more classic Nick shows than that.  But hey, it’s a start.  And as the EW article stated: “Over time, TeenNick hopes to use the retro block to showcase other 90’s programming and movies.”  So if this retro TV block is successful, you guys can probably plan on seeing more of your favorites pop up!

Knowing that only 6 shows are slated to come back at this point, I began to wonder what other shows 90’s TV devotees miss.  So in order to properly take a trip down memory lane, I created two polls complete with lists of Nick shows from the 90’s. One poll focuses on live-action shows, while the other focuses on cartoons (I mean come on, Nicktoons is definitely its own category).  So make sure to cast your vote for your favorite! It’ll be interesting to see which show has been missed the most!

Source- EW


2 comments:

  1. It's about time they brought these back! Now I can finally re-watch Pete & Pete and maybe understand it this time. I think I was a little young for a lot of the live action shows.

    Not looking forward to The Amanda Show though. It was really annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont like the amanda show either it sucked but to see ren & stimpy back on... well we can lust say im pretty freakin HAPPY and i will be up at 2:00

    ReplyDelete