Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bloodline Recap: (AKA a post about why I'm so obsessed with Fringe)



Okay…wow…I am still digesting everything that just happened. Let me first say that this episode was a WIN. I’m not going to go through the whole thing and call it at a WIN at the end…it was just…like the other team forfeited and this episode was crowned champion for being made of too much awesome.

This blog post probably won’t be like my usual ones. I don’t think I’m going to analyze the whole thing. I just want to talk with you guys about the episode and get all of my thoughts out on the page.

Okay first of all, Lincoln is basically my favorite character. I have had a crush on Pacey…er Joshua Jackson since Dawson’s Creek. Like I was seriously in love with him/still am. I think the Pacey/Joey relationship will always be one of my favorite relationships ever…but that’s beside the point. Anyway, as you can tell I’m a bit obsessive about Joshua Jackson, and after tonight I actually think I might like Lincoln the same if not MORE. HE IS THE CUTEST THING EVER.

A few weeks back, in the episode where Lincoln & Charlie thought Alt –Liv was infected with that deadly bug and started screaming at the evil bug guy, my heart went out to Lincoln so much. You could just see on his face how much he loves her…and it kills me that it isn’t reciprocated. I mean…HELLO FAUXLIVIA….this is LINCOLN we are talking about! Get your head on straight!!!!

Anyway so at the beginning of THIS episode when she was taken from her apartment I SCREAMED. I know we saw the promo, but for some reason the guys sneaking up on her still scared me. And then I immediately started thinking about Lincoln. He KNEW something was going to go down and he tried to send protection (BTW his line “As your commanding officer, your permission is irrelevant” KILLED me. I started laughing so hard I had to pause the episode). So when he was obviously too late I started freaking out. My thoughts were consumed with how the hell he was going to get her back.

They talked about using Alt-Liv’s tracking device to find her , but I knew that whoever stole Alt-Liv had taken it out. I mean we saw in past seasons how Newton knew to take Walter’s tracking chip out. Obviously whoever took Alt-Liv would be smart enough to know about stuff like that and would find a way to dig hers out. Seriously, I was so freaked out that Lincoln and Charlie wouldn’t get to her in time. I was gripping my couch SO hard in fear…but then Henry came along :)

I was SO happy to see Henry!!! I LOVED when Charlie and Lincoln showed up and yelled contradicting orders at him.
Charlie: PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL
Lincoln: GET OUT OF THE CAR
Henry: WHICH ONE?!
Lincoln: *Pauses* GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!!
When Henry told them everything I remembered how, in the beginning of the season, Charlie and Lincoln had questioned the fact that Liv might have been switched. I was SO hoping they would put the pieces together….

And then this scene happened: Lincoln confronted Walternate about the possibility of Liv being switched. And Walternate GENUINELY seemed upset. He told Lincoln everything that Lincoln needed to know, including the fact that at one point the Olivias were indeed switched. For the first time EVER I felt sympathy for the dude. I didn’t even feel sympathy for him in the most recent flashback episode, because I knew he was going to turn into a douche in the future. But this time I thought, “Wow. Maybe this is a turning point??” I even made an *awww-sad-face* expression….GRRR I HATE HIM. Anyway thankfully Walternate gave Lincoln the proper information (even if he had ulterior motives as we found out later) leading Lincoln and Charlie one step closer to finding Alt-Liv.

I don’t remember if this happened before or after the Walternate scene…but at some point I started to calm down…and then we had to find out that Alt-Liv DOES carry the damn virus that killed her sister. Writers…seriously…why must you keep me on my toes so much (I’m not mad; I love it :))?! So now since we knew what would happen once Alt-Liv delivered the baby (you know her inevitable DEATH) I started flipping out about Lincoln getting to her in time.

But Alt-Liv is just way too awesome, and despite being pregnant KICKED EVERYONE’S ASSES (I thought that part was a little exaggerated…I mean her stomach is GIGANTIC…how can she fight that well?? But I just went with it). She found a payphone, thank God, and got Lincoln to find her!

I think it was great that the writers decided to throw in Henry’s knowledge of shortcuts. Since he is a taxi driver that makes so much sense, and I love that Henry got to play a role in helping find her (BTW when they arrived at the scene and Henry tried to act like he was also an important member of the Fringe Division….bahahaha).

So then my FAVORITE scene happened. Lincoln had complete trust in Henry to deliver Alt-Liv’s baby, because it was coming whether we liked it or not. I love how she told Henry it was nice to meet him and the look he gave in response--a *this-is-so-weird-multi-universes-do-exist* kind of look, mixed with some compassion cause ya know…that’s just how Henry rolls.

So when she started pushing it immediately clicked in my head how WONDERFUL this show really is. I remembered seeing an interview with Josh Jackson, John Noble, and Anna Torv, where one of them (I think John) said that their acting mission would be accomplished once they got the audience to love the alternate characters as much as the original characters. Well John, you guys did it. I was FREAKING out that Alt-Liv was going to die. I was convinced, and I even started to tear up. And then Lincoln…God Lincoln …I was already emotional enough…but then you have to go and tell her you LOVE HER!? To be honest, I kind of lost track of what was happening and started thinking about her response…then I realized oh CRAP she’s dying and got back on track.

Anyway finally the baby is delivered and we think she is dead. I started thinking “Well the Fringe writers have to make this realistic and she had the disease…so unless the accelerated birth somehow counteracted the disease she HAD to die.” Well SHE WOKE UP. AND I later found out my speculation was correct (go me!).

So then the end scene…Alt-Liv is “safely” back at the hospital and the nurse takes the baby in order to I think put a tracking device in him….Regardless the baby’s foot bled and another nurse took the sample and said he was going straight to the lab with it. But then we realized the doctor who took the baby’s blood sample was one of the evil ones who originally kidnapped Alt-Liv. He passed it to someone in a black coat and I immediately thought “Crap, it’s Walternate…he really is bad.” But then we see Walternate nowhere near this event, so again I let me guard down and thought “Thank God, he might have SOME shred of humanity.” WELL I WAS WRONG. At the very end we see his stupid assistant hand him the blood card and I flipped out. WHY does he have to be such a jackass? Ugh.

Okay anyway I’ve gushed enough. PLEASE tell me what you guys think!? What were your favorite parts?? Pregnant Alt-Liv kicking ass? Lincoln saying “I love you”? Lincoln and Charlie’s obvious bromance?? Let me know! I mean obviously I don’t want to be the only one freaking out here ;)

2 comments:

  1. Am I the only one that has a man crush on Lincoln?

    I don't know what it is about him, but if given the chance I'd take out Charlie if it meant partnering up with Lincoln.

    I was especially ecstatic to see Henry back again. He's a great actor and I wish he had a bigger role on the show, but I'll take what I can get.

    Can't wait to see where the rest of this season is heading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this helps...but if I was a man, I'm pretty sure I'd have a man crush on Lincoln too :) Haha.

    And I know, I LOVE Henry!! (If you couldn't tell from my post)

    ReplyDelete