Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

PLL: What was the clue Norman Buckley was talking about on Twitter?

So anyone who follows Pretty Little Liars director Norman Buckley on Twitter, probably noticed him mention yesterday that there was going to be a subtle clue in last night’s episode (btw if you don’t follow him you should-->  @norbuck).  Of course as soon as he said that us fans started to go crazy.  So he told us:
        
          1) To calm down because the clue would only make sense in retrospect  
          2) Not to kill ourselves looking for the clue because it would only be a single subtle shot  

Well naturally I didn’t listen to his advice and was constantly on edge the entire episode wondering what scene had “the clue.” Because he said the clue was going to be subtle I completely disregarded anything blatant.  For example, I am pretty positive A is not going to be Noel.  It just seems too obvious and the show is already known for throwing curveballs at us.  Although it was weird when Noel crossed out his C and wrote an A...

Now I’ve only had time to watch the episode once, but I did want to go back and rewatch the party scene.  I want to pay closer attention to who was around the kitchen (in particular the cabinets with the pasta boxes) since A was obviously able to get his/her hands on the cash Hannah’s mom stole.   Did any of you notice anything fishy about the scenes in the kitchen?  I definitely think there is some clue potential there…

Aside from the party, the only other part of the episode that I can think of that might allow for a subtle clue when Noel calmly talks to threatens Ezra.  During that scene you can see writing on the chalkboard behind Ezra.  I really wanted to pause the scene so I could read exactly what the board said, but I was watching with my mom and she would not have been too pleased if I paused mid-episode.  The only reason I am curious about the writing on the chalkboard is because of the time when the students had a “substitute teacher” who wrote her name on that very board—Ms. Shephard.   Well since the lady playing the substitute was Sara Shephard, the author of the books, obviously the chalk board was being used to point something out to us.  So maybe that same chalk board is trying to tell us something now…

Anyway, what are your opinions on last night’s episode?  Did you catch any clues?   Do you have a theory on who A might be?  Do you think Hannah’s mom is a complete nutcase?  And by the way, how cute were Alex and Spencer?? That is until he went psycho because of A…. so it goes. 

4 comments:

  1. After Noel crossed out that C and wrote the A I was trying to think of A's handwriting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice anything but I am going to rewatch it when they show it again. I liked your commentary on it. Did you or anyone else see a blonde wig at the end? My DVR cuts off and I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! And I actually didn't notice the blonde wig because my DVR cuts off too, but I read about it on other forums. I'm trying to think why A would need a blonde wig...maybe to disguise him/herself as Alison? But that is still really confusing to me...I'll probably have more theories by next Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i know who A is. i just wish my guess it not true. and u r rite, i'm pretty sure the clue is written on the board. just gotta pay a very---- i mean VERY!!!!---- close attention to it.

    ReplyDelete