Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Community: Conspiracy Theories and Giant Forts=An Awesome Episode

Okay so I am FINALLY writing a post.  I was going to write one Monday night about How I Met Your Mother, but this week turned out to be kind of crazy.  Tonight I finally have some time to myself so I decided to analyze a different show: Community.

Well Community was finally back on track tonight!  I am a HUGE fan of season 1, but have been disappointed with season 2 so far.  There have been far too many parodies for my liking.  I feel like Community shines best when it focuses on itself and deals with situations that might actually happen at a community college.  That is part of why tonight’s episode was so great.

Finally tonight Community chose to focus on night school, something that many community colleges have.  Although Community took a wacky spin on it (making the entire night school a giant conspiracy theory which was hilarious btw) the episode still dealt with community college factors like Jeff’s credits and the faculty at Greendale College.  In other words this episode actually had some substance and didn’t center around a weird magical trampoline…

Another major reason I thought tonight’s episode was so good is because the writers finally had interactions between characters that work best together.  I will admit that I am a giant Jeff and Annie shipper, so seeing them together tonight made me really excited.  Ever since last week when the camera zoomed in on their cute little smile at the end, I have been bursting with happiness.  So tonight I was literally freaking out when Jeff tackled Annie and was just staring at her on the ground J.  But enough ramblings about these two…I also thought it was great that an entire plotline was devoted to Troy and Abed.  Their relationship is awesome to say the least, so seeing them run a school wide fort system was…well….awesome.     Plus it was nice to have the story focusing on Abed in situations that weren’t just about his knowledge of TV.  I feel like in season 1 they would occasionally throw in his little one liners about TV, so they were usually always funny.  This season though they have made his character a little too meta, so seeing him toned down tonight was definitely refreshing. 

I also think I liked the fact that Britta wasn’t really in this episode…I tend to get sick of her character so I kind of needed a break.  I did miss Senor Chang though!  He has been MIA for 2 episodes now…anyone know why?  My guess is he is taking time to film the sequel for The Hangover, but I could be wrong.  Anyway, I hope he comes back soon because he always makes me laugh!

Anyway as you can tell I definitely am going to score tonight’s Community as a WIN.  I have been very hard on the series lately, but tonight I really did feel like they were back in the swing of things.  I hope this carries over into the next episode…and of course I also hope we get more Jeff and Annie J.  Sorry Jitta shippers…but I am going to have to go with Jannie FTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment